

add a connector along Woodhouse Road to Route 22.retain the east-west section of Route 150 through Wallingford.retain the SR 555 portion of Turnpike Road paralleling Route 15.cancel Route 150 west of Turnpike Road (near Route 15) in Wallingford.In 1961, the committee to reclassify state highways in Connecticut recommended the following: Only the stretch between Constitution Street and Northford Road in Wallingford was shown on the state highway system. Not all of Route 150 may have been signed and by 1960 much of the route was locally maintained. South Broad Street, short connector from Route 71 to US 5: SR 441.Hall Avenue, Turnpike Road and Main Street, from Route 15 to today's Route 71: SR 555.Center Street, Wallingford: part of Route 150 back then as well.History Wallingford was established on October 10, 1667, when the Connecticut General Assembly authorized the making of a village on the east river to 38 planters and freemen. The population was 43,026 at the 2000 census.

Some of today's Route 150 was state maintained and some was not: Wallingford, Connecticut Wallingford is a town in New Haven County, Connecticut, United States. Center Street) and Northford Road to Route 15 (which today is Route 17) in North Branford. In Wallingford, Route 150 followed Quinnipiac Avenue, Center Street, East Farms Road (now E. After a short dogleg along Route 10, it continued along Wallingford Road, Gaylord Farm Road, Parker Farms Road, and Cheshire Road into Wallingford at South Turnpike Road. Route 150 followed Cornwall Avenue into downtown Cheshire. A 1938 county map published by the state shows Route 150's western end at the town line. Cornwall Avenue in Prospect and Cornwall Avenue in Cheshire no longer connect, but there appear to be traces of the old road in the forest. I don't have the exact location, but the original Route 150 did follow Cornwall Avenue over a notch in the ridge at the Prospect-Cheshire town line. It originally had a western end, not in Wallingford, but in Prospect, at Route 68. The modern Route 150 was commissioned in 1932, and has seen some changes over the years. In the 1920s, State Highway 150 followed today's Route 156 between Route 82 and US 1.
